Like many others, the launch of the Apple iPad in January was eagerly anticipated by all the Rhinos!
Apple has announced that the eagerly anticipated launch of the iPad will occur on April 3rd in the USA, and “late April” in other countries. From reading many reviews and analysis, here’s a quick summary we’ve compiled of the Pros and Cons, for anyone wanting a quick overview before thinking about adding the iPad to their collection of media devices.
- Thin and light
- Good portability
- 10 hours of battery life
- Compass and GPS
- Large screen size
- Active Development community
- Familiar interface for iPhone/iPod users
- Ability to read books, newspapers and magazines
- Built in speaker and microphone
- No Removable battery
- No file system
- No camera
- No SD card slot
- No multi-tasking (you can only run one application at a time)
- No Flash support
- No USB port
- No HDMI
- No built in phone
- Screen does not use 16:9 aspect ratio
- Questionable endurance
It looks like the iPad is the type of device that will become more impressive in the second or third generation!