On the web today, content is king. Any site that successfully attracts repeat visitors has to have fresh and constantly updated content. However, in the case where a site needs to display information on hundreds or thousands of items, maintenance of this can be a major headache, and very expensive too.
The solution to this headache is to create a database-driven web site. Instead of Red Rhino creating a web page for every item, we create a content management system that allows the client to add, edit and manage information about each item, at any time, via the normal web browser. Then we create search forms on the web site which then displays search results in a stylish manner. Site visitors can search by any element of information which the client has added – size, cost, weight, price, age, etc – there’s no limit to the possibilities!
Databases can either be publicly viewable, for anyone visiting your web site to use, or be private, used only by site owner or by users with access password.
Examples of Searchable Databases
Red Rhino has a created many different types of searchable databases for many different purposes for a wide range of clients – a selection of these are outlined below.
- Database of used cars for sale
- Database of veterinary medicines for sale online
- Database of architectural salvage items for sale
- Database of training courses for booking online
- Database of furniture ranges for sale
- Database of furniture stockists
- Database of venues
- Database of new and used pianos for sale
- Database of GP & health providers
- Database of voluntary and community organisations
- Database of committee meeting minutes
- Database of victim support organisations
- Database of marketing materials for downloading
- Database of medical health support organisations
- Database of funeral notices
- Database of animal foods
- Plus many in-house, private database applications
Contact us to discuss your database project!
Back to Web Site Design & Development